Black Rock Whispering wheat can kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dauntless

Reaction score
I brewed a modded version of this a couple days ago and when checking the label I saw that there wasn't any wheat in the ingredients. :confused:

So I sent Black Rock a little message questioning the legality of selling a wheat beer kit that contains no wheat. This is what I got in response:

Dear Martin,
Thank you so much for pointing out this gross mistake in our labelling. We will rectify this immediately.
I can assure you there is wheat malt in the recipe, in fact it is over 50% so should be right at the front on the list of ingredients.
Kind regards,
Kirsten.

I'll sleep soundly now.

Glad to see the New Zealand extract kits are travelling far! I brewed this a couple of months back and found it lacked body - have you used any brew enhancers or converters?

I brewed a couple kits with corn sugar, then one with an added can of Coopers malt before going all grain. The miner's stout is pretty good, if a little light tasting, after a couple months in the bottle. The IPA had no noticeable bitterness whatsoever. I think I got a bad can (years away from expiration though).

This latest can I mixed with a brewing syrup: some blend of maltose and dextrose I think.

I hear you on the stout - it has the flavour but lacks the weight. That's a pity about the IPA - I've always added some Cascade finishing hops so I can never tell whether the level of intitial bittnerness in the extract itself.

Good luck with the wheat - hope it turns out well!

I brewed a modded version of this a couple days ago and when checking the label I saw that there wasn't any wheat in the ingredients. :confused:

I was just about to post the same thing! I got home with my kit, looked on the ingredients and I was shocked to see no wheat in the ingredients list!

Can I just point out the overwhelming amount of nerdiness I exuded when I saw Black Rock Whispering Wheat.

Anyone watch Lost? Yeah... you get it.

Back