Birthday Triple..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khannon

Guy who really knows where his towel is.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For my birthday(I brew it on my birthday), for the past 5 or so years I have brewed what I dub Glassbreaker Triple.
(first year, I broke 2 carboys after filling them with water to leave out overnight, Second year I knocked over some glasses when putting this in the fridge, and it's hit upwards of 10% some years.. name stuck)

10 Gal batch starts at ~1.080

The grain bill is pretty simple:
22lbs base grain(I have used 6 Row, 2 Row, pilsner, and Maris Otter) My preference is Maris Otter
4 lbs White wheat malt
~6lbs cane/beet sugar (I haven't found much of a difference inverting it)

Hops are a bittering charge at 60 and Saaz at flameout. I usually do ~2oz of something ~12aa and 2 oz of Saaz.

At any rate, I've tried a few yeasts, my favorite is the lallemand Abbaye so far. I am getting ready to brew again, and have some Mangrove Jack Belgian yeast M41, and some Abbaye ale. and am also looking at the Mangrove Jack M31. I have no problem fermenting warm in June.. Any suggestions? If I'm fermenting to 1.000 I may lower the sugar or grain bill.

Thanks

Back