Big mouth bubbler fermenter with spigot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeletonkrew

Reaction score
So here it is, the Big mouth bubbler with the Better Bottle simple flow spigot with racking adapter

1405473617179.jpg

1405473638012.jpg

I drilled it my self. I used a step drill bit . no problems with the plastic . it is very thin though

Nice, I've been waiting to see someone do this. I don't know why the manufacture didn't do this in the first place.

Did you drill the hole yourself? Any problems wit the plastic?
Getting ready to drill one myself. I have a step bit. Wondering if you had any other suggestions? The BMB is very thin. Did you support from inside while drilling? I can just envision the plastic bending and cracking from pushing with drill bit? Thanks in advance for any information.

Just go slow while drilling. If you have to bit spinning at top speed you actually melt the plastic. Don't press too hard just let the bit do all the work.
And don't put too much thought into it it's actually very easy, just be sure you don't make too big of a hole.

I just got a used BB with the racking adapter and I want to move the racking adapter to Big Mouth Bubbler. The pointer was on the inside of the BB so I know that it wasn't installed correctly. What is the order of the pieces from the inside out? Is the pointer right next to the bottle on the outside or somewhere else. The adapter I got has 3 very thin washers. where do they go? What causes the pointer to follow the thing on the inside?

The 3 plastic washers need to be touching the fermentor ,the pointer needs to be touching the grommet on the outside section so when you spin the spigot on the outside it moves along with the wracking section on the inside the 3 washer's allow for the this part to spin.

So if the spigot is taken apart , you 1st put on the pointer on the male section on the spigot (the pointer needs to be touching the black grommet). then the 3 washer's, insert the spicket through the port take the wracking section on the inside into the fermenter, spin to tighten on and aline the pointer with racking tube before tightening completely.

Back