BIAB Partigyle Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanto

Reaction score
So i'm having trouble finding the info i need while sifting through all the partigyle resources i've found on the web. Here's the facts:

I'm making the Northern Brewer Belgian Triple kit, using my normal simple BIAB setup just as i would if i wasn't planning on reusing the grains. 10 gallon pot and burner with paint strainer bag. Planning on around 70-75% efficiency.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/documentation/allgrain/AG-BelgianTripel.pdf

I plan on draining the grains as usual, putting them aside until that beer is in the fermenter, then start brewing another beer from those spent grains. Now i am having trouble calculating the gravity of a 3.5 gallon batch from those spent grains. Most of the resources i've read talk about mixing the two beers together and first and second runnings etc...which i am not really doing.

Is it possible to just say that you can expect a certain efficiency from spent grains? That way i can plug in a recipe in brewtarget with the Triple's grain amounts and simply change the efficiency field. Some have said you can expect half the gravity the second time around...so can i just gather that the efficiency will be 35%?

Back