Beverage air not cooling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerz

Reaction score
Hello all, I bought a Beverage air BM23C at a swap meet. I plugged it in a few days later and it doesn't cool. The compressor sounds like it is working but the fan down by it does not come on. I took the fan out and directly hooked it up to 120v it doesn't come on. when I plug in the kegerater and the thermostat is on off position the fan inside is running, when I turn the thermostat up the compressor sounds like it kicks on but the fan by compressor is not. (when I check the voltage where the fan hooks up it is 41v) Is the compressor bad ?? will a new fan by the compressor get it to cool ?? why is there only 41v where fan hooks up ? Any ideas ?

Not many will pipe up, Brother, without some visuals........There are some good electricians on this forum, and a wiring diagram would do wonders for both you and them!..........:D

It'd help a bit if the OP was more coherent. On, off, turn up, turn down - what's there is hardly clear enough to offer much guidance.

But the odds are it's Mostly Dead...

Cheers!

A general thought: If the compressor is working the interior coil (evaporator) should be cold and the exterior coil (condenser) should be warm. The fans just move heat, into or out of, the coils. 41v at the fan is likely A problem.

Bypass the thermostat as a test. In my experience that goes first.

Theres usually a white in and black out for the thermostat and a ground.
Remove the white wire and run a jumper to where the black goes on the compressor.

I'll give the tstat a try today hoping it's not the compressor if it is it makes a nice roll around cabinet. Lol

Sorry for not getting back sooner I by passed tstat last night nothing changed and still just 41 output volts where the condenser fan connects.

As stated replace the condensor fan (the one you tested). It runs when the compressor runs and the unit cannot cool without that fan running. Also, there's an evaporator fan that should run all the time. It's inside the cooling box behind a metal cover.

Back