Best Winter ale to brew??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsmitty

Reaction score
Im wanting to brew a good winter ale and looking for suggestions. I want something i can brew within the next few weeks and it be ready by christmas at the latest. Open to any style ale. would like to see recipes and pictures if u have them. Im considering doing a stout or another brown ale but would like to hear what others enjoy brewing and drinking this time of year. Keep in mind whatever i brew i have to ferment in a swamp cooler so i cant really do anything that needs to lager.

How about a spiced cream ale? That is always a good wintery brew

I'm doing Janet's Brown this weekend as well, but this is the first time I'll be doing it. Any tweaks that you folks have made to the recipe?

I'm doing Janet's Brown this weekend as well, but this is the first time I'll be doing it. Any tweaks that you folks have made to the recipe?

I skipped the dry hopping the first time and plan to skip it again. I also brew with RO water and usually use 50 ppm Cl & 100 ppm SO4 for American Ales and plan to do that again. Tasty McDole uses (Ca-110ppm, Mg-18ppm, Na-17ppm, SO4-350ppm, Cl-50ppm)

http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=&t=18509

Sometime I need to try it with dryhopping and his water plan.

[Edit] After writing this, it makes sense to try Tasty's dry hop and water plan...I'll try that instead of of what I wrote above (which also makes a great beer).

Latest posts

Back