Best way to put NG outside

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackZX3

Reaction score
I am looking for a way to run natural gas to the exterior of the house. I would like to have almost an outlet with some type of quick disconnect and a hose. Does anybody here have a "permanent" solution for their NG burners? I want to have the flexibility of moving the brew rig around for storage and still have easy gas hookup for brew days.

Have a qualified person run a pipe to the outside with a shutoff valve toward the end of the pipe while still being inside. Once the pipe is outside have a connection to go to a flexible NG hose which come in various lengths. When you are done for the day simply wind up the NG tubing with the rest of your brew setup and pack it away for the next time.

You might check with an RV dealer. We have an RV that has quick connects for the propane BBQ and a space heater. The hardware is common for RVing with propane, but I know that NG needs a different orifice. Still, the connectors should be the same (I'm thinking). I don't know what your county code would require, or your homeowners insurance??? Good Luck. :eek:

HD has qd for ngas, $40 for 10 footer with fittings. In my area plumbers charge about $25 - $30 per foot to install an outdoor gas line. It is a DIY'er job for experienced people, I have done it in the past in my younger days but now I'd rather pay to have it done.

Back