Best way to clean Blichmann burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I loaned out my Blichmann burner to a buddy and he had a major wort overflow during the boil. Does anyone know of a good way to clean the exterior metal parts of the burner? I was thinking of trying to take it apart and soak it in oxyclean or pbw and water.

Wire brush the burner and if there is rust add some cooking oil and season like u would a castiron pan. The ss shroud use some sort of stainless steel cleaner barkeepers friend comes to mind.

The burnt sugar will eventually fade away even left untouched, but the odds are there are a lot of plugged up holes that are going to need to be reamed out...

Cheers!

I took everything apart and soaked it in pbw then did a second scrubbing of the stainless steel with bar keeps friend. Things cleaned up nicely but the burner components have much of the paint coming off. I was wondering if it would be trying to repaint the burner while everything else is apart. I was thinking of plugging the holes with toothpicks before spraying paint onto the burner components.

I loaned out my Blichmann burner to a buddy and he had a major wort overflow during the boil. Does anyone know of a good way to clean the exterior metal parts of the burner? I was thinking of trying to take it apart and soak it in oxyclean or pbw and water.

Why didn't your "buddy" clean it up before returning it??

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back