Best Variety Pack?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly2378

Reaction score
I like to walk out of the liquor store with a variety of craft beers, so variety packs always catch my eye. Not to mention the fact that many times they contain beers you can't get otherwise.

For me, I really like Odell's Fall/Winter Montage. Gramp's Oatmeal Stout (a limited release beer), Isolation Ale (a very good winter ale), Odell IPA (a very, very good IPA) and 5 Barrel Pale Ale (a good English pale).

Sierra Nevada's Snowpack looks interesting too. Coffee Stout, Porter, Boomerang IPA and Pale Ale. Only one of those I've tried is the Pale Ale (because, who hasn't??).

SN's Beer Camp pack looked interesting too, but I live in the barren wasteland of craft beer (aka South Dakota), so we never got that out here.

Any other favorites?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I usually get either New Belguim seasonals or Sam Adams. But I still think my beer is better. Those commercially made seasonals give more of a variety.

I like the New Belgium winter folly pack. Abbey, Ranger and Rampant are all good, but I mostly get it for the 2 Below. Fat Tire doesn't excite me all that much anymore, but it gets drank.

I've seen the Sam Adams winter packs around. Might have to pick one up while they're available. I was dubious about the winter lager but had it on draft and was pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Stone makes a variety pack of Arrogant Bastard, IPA, Ruination, and Sublimely Self-righteous, none of which are all that tough to find on their own, but it's nice to get a few of each.

I've also seen the Sam Adams Latitude 48 single-hop variety pack. Haven't had that one yet but it could be a good way for newbie brewers to get a feel for different hop characters.

Sierra Nevada's Snowpack looks interesting too. Coffee Stout, Porter, Boomerang IPA and Pale Ale. Only one of those I've tried is the Pale Ale (because, who hasn't??).

I've got it a couple of times the past month or so. I think all the beers are pretty good. I'd say go ahead and grab a sampler. The area I live in the beer selection is terrible so I dont have a lot to choose from. Krogers often puts SN 12 packs on sale for just a few more bucks than BMC beers so I pick some up when on sale. I also like their bottles. I've been swapping them out with my longnecks and I save the box to store them in.

Latest posts

Back