Best Oxygenation Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
Im looking to get an oxygenation kit (not a pump aeration kit) and wondering what people like most. I know williams brew has one for $55 with a SS wand and 2 micron stone, but for what I have read they have really shotty regulators that can leak and empty a tank in no time. I was wondering if the wand really made a difference or just attaching it to tubing has enough weight to keep it down at the bottom of a carboy.

I really like the wand. Makes it great for moving it around both in the wort and sanitizer. I store it in a removed sanke spear. I don't know that it's necessary, but I do like it. I traded an empty O2 tank for this small one that sits on my brewstand. A friend donated the CO2 regulator (any welding regulator will work), and I picked up a medical flowmeter from ebay to meter the flow to 1 LPM. If you can, go with some kinda setup that allows metering the flow. Those disposable tanks with "regulators" don't.

ForumRunner_20120325_211547.jpg

Back