Best News Headlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For several years I lived among people in New Guinea whose ancestors had practiced cannibalism. No one that I knew had eaten human flesh, but one of the grandmothers recalled that as a very young girl they cut up a vicious enemy and sent parts of him around to be fully vanquished. I learned 2 things ... 1. The feet are the best part. If you're gonna barbecue your neighbor, stick to those. 2. Much like cannibalism in North America prior to European settlement, no one ever ate a whole human body. You eat a small part to ward off the spiritual return of the enemy. Gotta get it all ... Body and Spirit.

Now that cannibalism is on topic, I'll add a caveat I picked up from one of the science lectures I use as soporific:

One consequences of cannibalism tribes in New Guinea was devastating prion disease, related to "mad cow" was apparently passed on and concentrated in tribes that practiced that cuisine.

Apparently eating ones dead might have been an act of respect for fellow tribe members, family etc as often as it was practiced on individuals defeated in tribal wars.

Prions? Ah, what an appropriate, "Twilight Zone" style demise for the consumer - almost as good as the earwig babies :eek:
Not sure how one uses that nightmarish concept as a sleep aid but whatev's...

Sleep Tight! :D

On a sort of similar note, when my dad lived in Patagonia, he knew people who had gone Indian hunting in the 1920s, in the same way as you'd hunt anything else that you viewed as vermin. Technically that's still within living memory - and you can imagine what happened in Patagonia also happened elsewhere in the Americas....

Anyway, getting back on topic, following on from the stock cubes :
https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/24/please-not-put-ice-lollies-vagina-cool-10453504/
And from Seattle :
https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/women-warned-not-vacuum-period-16461937

Answer? "Nothing. That's what I need to know"

Question:
1624447349025.png

Hahaha! Speaking of "G"s, I was parked in a mall-ish lot this afternoon waiting out a drenching squall and noticed my phone had its "5G" notification active. Well, Skeptical Cat was skeptical as there's not much real "5G" out here in the boonies, so I pulled up my "Network Signal Info" app and sure enough it ID'd the tower as just "4G+", whatever that amounts to.

So, yeah, the phone could even have a "7G" display right now...

Cheers!

that's why you're a good kid! i'm not sure what utica is, but i went from the tit, to kraft mac & cheese, then keseler whiskey! now i'm on a sustainable habit of homebrew beer.....
Utica Club was a cheap central NY beer that was marketed in the norteast and featured TV commercials with talking beer mugs named Schultz and Dooley.

Do they do that on purpose? Say it is an 11'-8" bridge but the signs in the video clearly show 12-4.
It was originally 11'-8" when the channel started and a few years later they raised the height by 8" to 12'-4". The channel now calls it 11'-8"+8" because it's cooler than just 12'-4"

Do they do that on purpose? Say it is an 11'-8" bridge but the signs in the video clearly show 12-4.

The city raised the bridge to 12 foot 4, right before the covid lockdowns started happening, but apparently in that length of time, better idiots were starting to spawn as well. 😆

The 1994 Michigan UFO Flap. I was a senior in high school in a little town called Hillman Michigan, and one of the guys in my class swore up and down that he and another kid saw a huge black triangle shaped UFO with red and yellow lights float across the unpaved county road they were driving on, less than 100 feet above their vehicle.

https://www.wane.com/news/ufo-repor...mGtpYw7fYVdqTMZi-QO9VKf3vi9qbz_CPwatJkUAT1FcA

Latest posts

Back