Best "near professional" sysytem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tesoradog1

Reaction score
I'm looking for advice on the best all-electric pilot system, essentially a 3 vessel, KAI-like clone that's ready to go. I am not interested in building one (at least a control box). I know of Spike,SS Brewtech and Blichmann have one, as well as Ruby Street. Any others?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Last edited:
I'm looking for advice on the best all-electric pilot system, essentially a 3 vessel, KAI-like clone that's ready to go. I am not interested in building one (at least a control box). I know of Spike,SS Brewtech and Blichmann have one, as well as Ruby Street. Any others?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Check out Stout Tanks.

Check out Stout Tanks.
Yup I agree. They were the first and most heavy duty supplier of these systems as well as what most nanobreweries use. I have a 3bbl system that they sell as well as a stout 12.5 conical and 3 3bbl brite tanks and its all good stuff. the kettles are welded together using heavy gauge polished stainless and not stamped as many homebrewing kettles are (not that theres anything wrong with that) which is why the cost is higher.

I'm not sure if they offer turnkey home brewing system complete with control panels and such like they do with the larger setups though.

Yup I agree. They were the first and most heavy duty supplier of these systems as well as what most nanobreweries use. I have a 3bbl system that they sell as well as a stout 12.5 conical and 3 3bbl brite tanks and its all good stuff. the kettles are welded together using heavy gauge polished stainless and not stamped as many homebrewing kettles are (not that theres anything wrong with that) which is why the cost is higher.

I'm not sure if they offer turnkey home brewing system complete with control panels and such like they do with the larger setups though.

Yes, they sell from 1/2bbl up full electric setups with control panel and Thermoline heat exchanger. Stout works with Brewmation on the package and you can order from either one.
Just costs $$$. I’ve had my 1/2 bbl system for 1 year and it works great!

I will definitely check out stout-thanks for the feedback everyone.

I am pretty sure that they now offer turnkey systems for homebrewers starting at 10 gallon kettles. Not 100% sure exactly what all is included as they want you to contact them to build it out. Pricing seemed competitive if not better than Spike

Yes, they sell from 1/2bbl up full electric setups with control panel and Thermoline heat exchanger. Stout works with Brewmation on the package and you can order from either one.
Just costs $$$. I’ve had my 1/2 bbl system for 1 year and it works great!
I cheated and ordered ours direct from the sungood on alibaba (they are a forum sponser over at the probrewer site) ... $7300 with customs and shipping for the kettles and accessories. When we priced it out from stout the backorder was long and the stuff alone without shipping was well over 8 grand which made up our mind. plus we custom ordered ours to have 4 2" tc ports for the elements vs the 1.5" on stouts site. kind of a lousy pic because theres still renovations going on but...

We likely would have just ordered the stuff from stout had there not been such a long backorder ship date at the time.

Attachments

• 20180623_160044.jpg
    20180623_160044.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back