Best movie of all time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Martin, The Jerk "Oh I'm picking out a thermos for you...................."

Animal House, how can you not watch it everytime it airs

Trading Places "who put out their Kools on my carpet"

Slapshot -- The Hanson Brothers, insufficient attentions spans to home brew

Appauling we're on page five and no-one has mentioned:

Lord of the Rings (three movies actually)

The combination of cinematograhpy, sets, FX and CG are as good as it gets. The locations in New Zealand are breath taking and Jackson made great use of them. He also caputured the pure essense of Tolkien's characters. 11+ hours total on the extended versions and I wish they were longer. Not to mention 17 Oscars and 30 nominations.

Rick

I can't believe nobody mentioned Star Wars- A New Hope!

I don't think there has ever been a movie that changed everything like that. Classic hero's quest plot, f/x that STILL blow kids away, a bit of mysticism and romance...

That flick changed my life.

Running close behind though: Lord of the Rings, Cool Hand Luke, Hud, Blue Velvet, Alien, The Wall

Drama: Fanny and Alexander
Comedy: Rushmore
Action: Ong Bak
Horror: [REC] or Dog Soliers probably, but there is so many good ones.

Best movie of 2008: Let the Right One In

Everybody forget the classic Deepthro........

Ooops, nevermind.

that can't be it. the music sucked.

tombstone wasn't really that great a movie...it would have been nothing without doc holiday and ringo.

anyone mention the professional yet? that movie was great.

true romance...really anything with gary oldman.

greatest movie OF ALL TIME. hmm...can we go by genre. one of my favorite comedies is still Some Like It Hot :D

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges.

Back