Best movie of all time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowgo

Reaction score
I sat through a Godfather marathon today and it just reinforced in my mind that the Godfather is the best movie of all time.

The best song about a movie (not "from" but about) has to be Ode to Fredo. If you're a Godfather fan, you'll catch all the references. This song is great because it it's as funny as it is poignant (if that's possible for a parody)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeJj9k851R0]YouTube - "The Godfather Musical pt.1: Ode to Fredo"[/ame]

Ahoy hoy,
Along with Godfather 1&2, Im partial to Casablanca. On top of it being a most excellent movie, theres a stripe of humor that can be picked out by close observance to the lines.....for example

Captain Renault: What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?
Rick: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.
Captain Renault: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.
Rick: I was misinformed. :D

Really good writing, just love this movie....

I bid you all a great day!

There are sooooo many great movies out there that just picking one is very hard.

I love "Tombstone"...Val Kilmer is the man in that movie as Doc Holiday.

"Goodfellas" was another geat movie.

"Heat" was awesome.

"Pulp Fiction" = Wow

I could go on and on...

Striptease - no better movie out there....well, maybe Showgirls.

Just kidding - If I had to pick one I would have to go with Tombstone as well, mainly for the Val Kilmer role

"Nonsense, I've not yet begun to defile myself" :)

So many spectacular films out there, it's impossible to name a true winner.

My short list (in no particular order) would be:
Godfather
Cool Hand Luke
High Noon
Ran
Seven Samurai
The Usual Suspects

Pulp Fiction
The Empire Strikes Back
The Return of the Jedi
Gladiator
The Dark Knight
Tombstone

Too many excellent movies to name one absolute best ...

"Say goodbye to your two best friends. And I don't mean your pals in the Winnebago!"

"What's all this churning and bubbling? You call this a RADAR?"
'No, sir, we call it 'Mr. Coffee'. Care for some?"
"Yes, I always have coffee before I watch RADAR, you know that!"
"Of course I do, sir."
"Everybody knows that!"
"OF COURSE WE DO, SIR!"
"Now that I have my coffee, I'm ready to watch RADAR... Where is it?"
"Right here, sir." <points to machine labelled 'Mr. Radar'>

Blazing Saddles.

They don't make movies like that any more.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gj9uEeuDtQ]YouTube - Blazing Saddles - Camp Town Ladies[/ame]

The Big Lebowski.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsogswrH6ck]Dude[/ame] :D

That's probably my "favorite" of all time to watch, but the "best" movie I've ever seen is Once Upon A Time In The West. Directed by Sergio Leone, score by Ennio Morricone, and starring Fonda, Bronson, Robards...

On the surface you might think, "A 3-hour Western? WTF?" Do yourself a favor and watch this film. Maybe on a cold winter's day when you've got the time to devote to it. It's paced very differently than other films with many long, slow shots that require some patience. The payoff is so worth it!

lot's of good movies listed so far. I would add:

Ronin
Fight Club
Lucky Number Slevin
Iron Man
Idocracy

I'd have a hard time picking a "best" of the movies listed in this thread.

Any Mel Brooks movie is always a laugh

I like them silly movies too. Ok, maybe not THE BEST movies ever made, but I always like them. My kids really like Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein,etc., but I have not yet let them watch Blazing Saddles. Well, my wife wont' let me anyway. I'm not sure I want to show it to them. They are probably very happy not appreciating that kind of humour.

"That's Hedly!"

Latest posts

Back