Best Corker for Belgian Style Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jready

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have started doing more Belgian mixed fermentation style beers and want to bottle them with cork and cage bottles. I haven’t bottled a beer in 10 plus years. Looking for recommendations on the best floor corker for the job and any tips/tricks. Thank you in advance for the help! I have a Brett Saison that should be ready in a month so I am in shopping mode!

Thank you! I’d love to hear from anyone who has used the either the Portuguese or Italian floor corker. I’m leaning towards the Italian for the brass iris but would love to hear thoughts

I have a Portuguese floor corker, it works great on Belgian bottles. It has a little adjuster wheel to adjust the depth, so that it leave enough out for the cage. I've used it for 15 or so cases so far with no problems. I need more Belgian bottles. lol I typically add an extra carbonation drop or two, so that the beer ends up carbonated at a higher level.

I have a Portuguese floor corker, it works great on Belgian bottles. It has a little adjuster wheel to adjust the depth, so that it leave enough out for the cage. I've used it for 15 or so cases so far with no problems. I need more Belgian bottles. lol I typically add an extra carbonation drop or two, so that the beer ends up carbonated at a higher level.

Thanks! Do you buy your bottles locally?

Most I got in a deal, when I bought the corker(from a homebrewer getting out of the hobby). My buddy found a deal on some at Amazon, I can't seem to locate them at the price he paid at the time. I try to buy a bottle of commercial beer packaged in them periodically.

Back