Best brew kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustavo

Reaction score
Just wondering. What is the beast brew kit any one has brewed, tast and difficulty?

Best "kit" I ever brewed was AHS Session Series Brown Porter, all-grain with WL002 slurry. Great beer, and grain to glass in 17 days if you keg.

Extract batch I would say Midwest supplies Bass Ale Clone. Very comprehensive kit included Irish moss and Burtonizing salts. Give it time to mellow out....3 wks fermenting and 3 bottle conditioning before it really got good.
It's not very exciting but, you asked :drunk:

Best is subjective. Everyone's tastes are different.

In terms of difficulty, unless you're getting into all grain brewing and doing things like "abrew in a bag triple decoction with a step infusion and a mashout" then one recipe is no more complicated than any other, especially if you are doing any extract with steeping grains recipe.

Your grain bill might be different for different recipes, but what you with them (the process) will be the same, which is something akin to "steep grains for x minutes, in y gallons of water, remove grains bring to boil, add extract and hops as directed, cool, transfer to ferment, pitch yeast and relax."

I do my own AG recipes now, but I thought the Midwest Honey Bee Ale was pretty good. Refreshing beer for the summer heat in Houston.

I agree with Revvy.

Which is the best brew kit is like asking what time is the best time to eat lunch. The best kit is the one that you like and works for you.

I like the Liberty Cream Ale (good after a day in the AZ sun) from Midwest Supplies, but it may be another one I find later down the road. To each their own on this one.

Maybe the OP was wondering about kit quality than taste? I've had good experience with AHS and midwest. Midwests SNPA clone with a few alterations was very clean and a great session brew

Yup. Just wondering what every one was brewing and what kits have you tried an like.

brewers best red ale. brewed it 6 times in the last year. pretty much every kit we've brewed has been brewers best and they've all turned out great. very easy to understand instructions. the only change we've made has been to extend primary and secondary by a week each.

AHS West Coast Pale Ale. I have had to hide my last couple of bombers in the closet because a few of my buddies agree it's really good.

Back