Best Beer Store in Indy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthogg

Reaction score
I will be flying to IN in a couple of weeks to visit some family. I can't wait to try some of the brews I've been hearing about but can't easily get on the west coast. I'm looking for a store in the Indianapolis area that has the best selection of craft beers from the east coast and Midwest. Anyone help me out?
Thanks

I think BA has a place on their site that lists bars/pubs/breweries by city. You may check there. The Rathskeller is an interesting place but I haven't been there in years.

Try to track down 3 Floyd's while you are in Indiana. Great beers and not widely distributed at all.

Depends on where you are staying but there are lots of great places in town.

For package stores, Kahn's Fine Wines on North Keystone Ave is a great source for a wide selection of good beers. Unfortunately, a lot of the local brewers sell only through bars and restaurants.

Brewbus operates a brewery tour of many of the more prominent local breweries including SunKing, Triton, Bier and others.

Good bars for good selections of local stuff.
  • Ale Emporium - Castleton (Usually has a good selection of 3F products)
  • Aristocrat - N College Ave (Tons on tap. have quite a few locals and 3F)
  • Broad Ripple Brew Pub (don't serve other's brews but has been making excellent english ales on site for 20+ years)
  • There are a few on Massachusetts avenue too, Ball and Biscuit is a good one.

Honestly there is a really good local craft brew scene in town so be sure to hit the locals while trying the good regional stuff like 3F.

Thanks for the replies so far. Unfortunately, I'm only in Indianapolis for one night, so I don't know how many pubs I'll be able to hit. I wanted to make sure to be able to get some bottles for future enjoyment though.

Foosier, I will try to at least have a couple of pints from local brewers. Any you particularly recommend? Thanks for the tip about Kahn's.

My favorite local brewers for bottled beers would be:
- Upland, Dragonfly IPA
- SunKing WeeMac (Scotch Ale. Canned only, but very good.)
- Triton has good stuff, but I don't really remember any of their specific products names. Great stuff on draft.
- Bier does not bottle, but if you run into it at a bar, they do a great job. Their "PDG" APA is solid.
- Flat-12 is another solid local you will find on tap around town.

At home I stick to homebrews, but when out I try to hit the locals. I have not been disappointd with the locals. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks, Foosier. I have heard of SunKing but didn't know it was an Indiana brew. Looking forward to trying some when I'm there. Incidentally, I will be driving to Chicago on this trip and realized that 3Fs is in Munster. That could be a long lunch...

Latest posts

Back