best beer ever...what's yours?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bperlmu

Reaction score
this is a general, and maybe stupid, question but id be very curious to hear your responses.... What is the best beer you've ever brewed? have you brewed it again and were you able to replicate it? (feel free to post recipes) maybe this is an impossible question because my favorite beer is always changing depending on my mood, the weather, season, occasion, etc... But im just curious if anyone out there has any standouts they are especially proud of?

I would have to say my best so far, and the most critically (relative!) acclaimed would be my outmeal stout i brewed about 3 months ago...still have about a case left and its only getting better with time!

anyway, humor me if you feel like it and share what you got!

So far I would have to say that it's a tie between the Pumpkin Ale and our Anniversary Stout. Both are very yummy and continue to age oh-so-well.

My latest beer is my favorite. The Kona Fire Pale Ale clone (see sig).

It gives me a chubby everytime I take the first sip of the evening.

...and for that reason, the SWMBO likes it too... ;)

My best was an extract Okto clone that I made for the holidays this last year. It was so good I was tempted to not offer it to our guests at x-mass. It is on the list to make again, but I have a few new styles I want to try out first.

My best batch was the IPA I made last August. I haven't made it again yet, but it's pretty much guaranteed to be my standard IPA. My first five gallon batch was a pale ale that turned out pretty decent.

I made an extract barleywine a little over a year ago that was by far the best beer I've ever made. As soon as some more hop varieties become available I'm going to try and replicate an all-grain version to enter in some contests.

My first all-grain. Wait 'til I get my second one in kegs, though. And this next one I'm making promises to top them both. . .

And yes, of course it was EdWort's Haus.

Mine was a Shiner Blonde clone. I have made it 2 times and they were very very close to the same.

I just brewed #3, its a neiborhood favorite

Still my Rye IPA that was my 3rd batch ever. I still have about 8-10 left. I primed unevenly so some are gushers, but the ones that aren't, I'm super proud of because I designed the recipe.

I love my 7%, 60+ IBU Brown Ale as well, but that was already a tried and true recipe from an acclaimed homebrewer.

I think my IIPA that I oaked is going to be awesome as well, but I haven't had anything aside from hydro samples before bottling.

My RIS is my best so far although several others are close.
I'm just starting to drink this RIS and have the 08-08-80 RIS in the fermenter so I probably won't try to repeat it any time soon. Plus I'm expecting the 08-08-08 to equal or better my first attempt at a big beer.
Craig

My Bent Rod Rye. I'm fine tuning it, the current batch is around 30 IBU vs. 54 for the first one. Way too much for 4% ABV.

BierMuncher said:
My latest beer is my favorite. The Kona Fire Pale Ale clone (see sig).

It gives me a chubby everytime I take the first sip of the evening.

...and for that reason, the SWMBO likes it too... ;)

does that brew happen to be from the kona brew pub in hawaii??
I spent quite a few lunch hours there when i used to work in kona.

Mine is a Three Floyds Alpha King clone. It was the second all grain I ever made. I entered it in the local home brew competition and placed first. I called it Long Haul IPA. It is in my recipes.

It's so hard to choose, but maybe my Bitter Red. I was just messing around, making a hoppy red ale, and it really came out awesome. My ESB is a close second though, with my Java Mocha Stout in third.

BierMuncher,

Considering your brewing prowess I'm going to have to try that Kona recipe of yours sometime in the next few months.

As for my favorite homebrews, both Orfy's Hob Goblin or Jamil's Chocolate Hazelnut Porter are fantastic.

I can't wait to do Orfy's Old Speckled Hen and a myriad of other recipes. If only I could dedicate more time to brewing and drinking. ;)

Professor Frink said:
It's so hard to choose, but maybe my Bitter Red. I was just messing around, making a hoppy red ale, and it really came out awesome. My ESB is a close second though, with my Java Mocha Stout in third.

Don't forget your Barleywine! Awesome, it was!

Surfman said:

Yep - although the version you can buy on the mainland is brewed on the west coast. I guess it was seven years ago I spent a week on the Big Island and found myself at the Kona brew pub multiple times! Good stuff!

As far as a favorite of mine... The last partial mash recipe I made before going AG was an incredible pale ale. Back in November I made a stout that, to me, is in a class above everything else I brew. I'll definitely be trying to duplicate that success at some point.

Surfman said:
That's what it was modelled after.

It's available on tap here in ths St. Louis area now and also sold in bottles. It's a fantastic beer. This clone came pretty darn close. (Close enough that I won't spend $7.99 a six at the store anymore...) :D

PseudoChef said:
Don't forget your Barleywine! Awesome, it was!

Indeed, it's getting better every time I open one. I still have about a dozen left, I think once it's about a year old, it'll be my best beer.

my favorite so far was an APA but I doubt I'll try to replicate it. I've only been brewing for a year and want to perfect my recipes first, before I replicate them.

My best so far is my Vitamin C IPA. Its the only beer I've done twice so far. Although this time I did it as my first partial mash. Superbowl Sunday will be when I get to try it.

The original extract recipe is here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=44396&highlight=vitamin

That Fire Rock Pale Ale clone looks pretty tasty just by looking at the hop bill. I gonna hafta try it...

Last years Oktoberfest - done in the true style. Brewed in March, drunk in November - I guess that's a little late, but my weekends in Oct. we busy so we had to delay our party. Pity it only lasted one night :(

I've got a remake going right now to drink this March and confirm the recipe, then it'll be 15 gal. this time for this coming October

My favorite to date was also my first batch after a many year hiatus, my Dark-n-Scary. I have brewed it twice since - first time it was fubar - ferm temps got WAY away from me, and the last batch has not been tasted yet.

:mug:

Back