Best advice EVER from this forum!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
I have gotten a wealth of info from this site but the very best and most useful bit of information was this.

best954.jpg

Use the dishwasher for bottling. AWESOME idea.

OH My GoD!

Does this mean that you and Revvy have made up?

and FWIW...I'm building that same getup for my bottling deal too....did you make the sucker deal for the inside of the bucket?

i use that same setup and technique and also the dishwasher makes a great sanitizer for the bottles your filling.

How exactly does that make it easier to bottle?

Less mess to clean up and the door can hold full bottles for the capper guy/gal.

I use a longer hose from the bottling bucket spigot to the bottling wand. I put the bottles on the door, and fill. Any drips fall right on the door. I lift the bottles to the countertop, and cap, or cork. I close the door, and all the drips and overflow falls right into the dishwasher. It's really super easy to do and keeps the inevitable mess contained.

Ah, that's a wonderful idea - I'm sorry I missed the original post. Post bottling there is always those hand full of overflows I have to clean up. Then the floor is all sticky so I have to wash it, and SWMBO suggests I just clean the whole floor and not just the bottling section.

I use a longer hose from the bottling bucket spigot to the bottling wand.

The point (For ME) of having the short hose...is to free up a hand. You just lift the bottle up to the wand, and reach for another bottle with your free hand. Also..>Revvy has a picture of a 3# piece of bent copper and a (#7??) Stopper so that it sucks clear down to the last of the bucket...no tipping!

sucker deal for the inside of the bucket?

What?????

My chair is perfect. Arm goes on leg and wrist stays firm. Makes clean up and splattering as simple as closing a door.

I did put bottles ON the door but the cat jumped on it. This makes pushing cat off door less messy.

As for Revvy - we have a serious difference in opinion on using the SEARCH - I view a SEARCH as counter intelligence and you LOSE knowledge by using a SEARCH on a busy board like this. A search is useful for SOME things but on average the the amount of knowledge a board will gain by NOT using a search is greater then what you can gather by using one.

I think this needs to be re-posted in the debate section... I could sure open up a can of worms

ya that is really nice!! +1
to bad i just refuse to bottle any more after buying all thoes kegs and taps and tanks
I just can do it any more.
I have a medical vacume pump and between that and my Co2 tank i am push or pull beer any where i need , makes it so easy

Ok, use a dishwasher for bottling. Maybe, but I am still not sure how you get the beer in a glass for serving after it's in the dishwasher.

Please refrain from kicking me in the nutz.:ban:

You just couldn't make this stuff up could you? ... Well the beer you can, but the wacky ideas you can't! LOL

Back