Best Adhesive for Wood Collar to Freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmccune13

Reaction score
This question has likely been answered but I couldn't find anything through seraches.. What have all of you found to be the best glue/adhesive to use for securing the wood collar to the freezer? Currently I have Loctite Power Grab Heavy Duty but I have seen mixed reviews on the product.

Thanks

Second the silicone, that's what I used for my keezer and haven't had any issues. Just make sure you weight down the collar after applying it and give it enough time to cure.

3M Marine Sealant 5200.
It's expensive and you don't have to worry about anything coming apart.

I used a foam strip that is sticky on one side. The sticky side is stuck to the wood so the freezer could be returned to it's original configuration if needed. I am not much of a woodworker, but my collar seems pretty sturdy (although currently unfinished).

I used a foam strip that is sticky on one side. The sticky side is stuck to the wood so the freezer could be returned to it's original configuration if needed. I am not much of a woodworker, but my collar seems pretty sturdy (although currently unfinished).

I used the same. A strip of weather stripping between collar and the freezer and a strip between the lid and the collar. I hinged both the coller and the lid.

I didn't see a reason to use any adhesive.

I used the same. A strip of weather stripping between collar and the freezer and a strip between the lid and the collar. I hinged both the coller and the lid.

I didn't see a reason to use any adhesive.

I did the same and it works great.

Back