Bentonite question!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerisgud

Reaction score
My wife has this bentonite clay mask in her collection. Can I use this stuff for clearing? I’m only hesitant because it’s sold as a beauty product and I’ve never used bentonite before and I’m currently fermenting sake. It looks like it’s pure. Is this still the right stuff? I’d hate to buy some if this will do since she doesn’t use it anymore. Thanks!
071FEC51-D8D9-4366-BC89-F3FE82BC815F.jpeg

7BF157DF-7CA6-41FD-97A7-DFF0F0E7CFE2.jpeg

DO NOT USE THIS IN YOUR BREW!!!!!! Only use bentonite from a known supplier, preferably a brew supply store or Amazon. Saving a buck isn't worth risking your life.
Ok wow sounds like you have some better understanding on bentonite. Is this any different in any form or food safe matter than the brewer’s 100% calcium bentonite green clay? This product claims it is also 100% calcium bentonite add further states on the label no additives, fragrances, etc. I suppose I should just purchase some from a brewing supplier anyways and see what is visually or texturally different. I figured I would just put it out there first. I am under the impression that bentonite is a useful ingredient for clarifying specifically sake. It’s not necessarily me trying to save a buck, but just be a resourceful person.

I do tend to abide by the safe than sorry motto in the end. That’s pretty much why I made an account on here. Although, I do enjoy a little experimentation! And gotta love the convenience of amazon.

I think that you can use it coz all the bentonite clay art are the same, do not be afraid. It will help you to collect and clear the wine

Latest posts

Back