Belle Saison Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBWarke

Reaction score
Hello all. I need some help. I brewed 5 gallons of a Saison this past Saturday and pitched a packet of Belle Saison Yeast without re-hydrating it. The airlock was not bubing as of today, but there is a thin layer of krausen and it smells of yeast. What's going on with this?

So you have 48 hours so far after pitching?

No worries up to 72 hours, particularly with some action happening.

Let it ride - it will be fine.

Chances are you have a "leak" somewhere that offers less resistance to escaping CO2 than the airlock. As others have said, it's no big deal but I do enjoy the sound of a healthy fermentation.

I didn't get a big krausen with this beer, nor with 3711 so sounds like it's going fine. Despite not looking active it chews through everything!

I didn't get a big krausen with this beer, nor with 3711 so sounds like it's going fine. Despite not looking active it chews through everything!

Same here. If you were to look very very closely, you will see it fizzing slowly inside. Give it a full 3.5 to 4 weeks to complete the fermentation. It's just a slow yeast, that's the main thing, but it's wonderful!

Thanks for all of the replies. I guess since this is my 3rd batch (first 5 gallon batch) that I've homebrewed, I just assumed the airlock should bubble. Looking g forward to this one as the smell is phenomenal.

Back