Believe it or not my niece got me started.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5WTFLYBUM

Reaction score
As the title said My niece got me started brewing. I want to eventually get into beer but for now because of cost I am doing cider witch I love as much as beer.

I started my first batch yesterday. 3 gallons of Gravenstiene fresh pressed cider and 2 gallons of mixed fresh press cider. I added 1lb of dark brown sugar a packett of Mangrove Jack's Craft Cider Yeast and 5g of Fermaid. Well let me know what you think this will turn out.
Had kind of a rough start right after removing the carboy from the sterilizer bath I dropped it.:mad: Yep it was glass. Well I had been given two so I cleaned and sterilized the other one. My back and left knee were killing me so that didn't help (bad accident years ago). Well got it done and set the bung and air lock, about 2 minutes latter "pop" I find the airlock still in the bung but they were on the floor. Fought with that for a while after cleaning and sanitizing again. Finally I got tired of it and tapped the bung down. She's been marinating ever since.

Well that is my start into yet another hobby. I am also a hopelessly addicted jeeper, "ham", also known as amateur radio, fly fisher and shooter. I am a Veteran of 6yrs in the Army.

Welcome!

Fascinating hobbies. I would not mix any of them with home brew. Just sayin'

Some people find a carboy will fit into a milk crate - makes it a bit easier to move around. I had bungs pop out of 1 gallon bottles. There are special caps instead of stoppers for carboys, they might work better for you.

Thanks and yes I do separate those that don't go well together. I also combine many that do go well together.
There are other brewers in my jeep club one does beer and the other wine. We do bring them along on jeep trips but it only comes out in camp after the jeeping.
As with the firearms. It has always been in my family that the guns go in the safe if the alcohol come out of the bottle. Been that way long as I can remember and I'm 41.
Occasionally you have to step away from the mike when you start getting bad signal reports as well.

Latest posts

Back