Belgian Corks From MoreBeer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgranger

Small Wave Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I used these corks from MoreBeer recently, bottling in the Belgian bottles they sell as well, and using a floor corker. I was having the hardest time pushing these things in, the corker even shaving off a tiny bit of the bottom before eventually squeezing through. I managed to get the depth just right, but these just felt like they had absolutely no give when pressing in. I read a couple reviews noting the same issue with bits shaving off, just wanted to get any other reviews, or maybe there is something I am doing wrong. I've corked wine bottles with wine corks with ease, using the same corker, but obviously these corks are entirely different.

I don't have a review but I've been interested in corking, using bottles from
1655300870931.png

They have nice, smooth, round edges (which I think would lead to easier or proper corking) and the bottles are quite thick. And doing them with cages too. You would have to drink a number of them though first.
Whenever I buy bottles and accessories (flip-tops, gaskets, etc.) I've yet to be impressed; it's more of a "put up with" experience.

Oh man, I would love to drink nothing but La Fin du Monde everyday, might not be the most economical haha

I do think the neck shape makes a huge difference, but the MoreBeer Belgian bottles are pretty similarly rounded as far as I can tell. But yeah you're probably right about the "put up with it" mentality. I've just never tried corks from anywhere else, wondering if there have been any better experiences.

They work fine for me, but I use them mainly with champagne bottles and a hand/lever corker. I get a bit flake off where the plunger meets on the top end, but if it's centered just right and if I soak them for a couple minutes in starsan they're pliable enough to avoid that. I like them - used cages for the first time out of caution, but I've never seen one cork move so I ditched them.

Back