Behold! My new IC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbrout

Reaction score
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Took my about 45 minutes and a pickle jar. Lol. It created quite a bit of excitement when i saw how quickly everything fell out of my wort :ban:

I made it from 50'' 1/2' from coppersupplies since it was only 40$ shipped! I have well water so my tap water gets pretty chilly. I didn't really keep time but no longer than 20 min from 212 degrees to 68 for 5 gallon boil. =D

I made it from 50'' 1/2' from coppersupplies since it was only 40$ shipped! I have well water so my tap water gets pretty chilly. I didn't really keep time but no longer than 20 min from 212 degrees to 68 for 5 gallon boil. =D

I have never attempted bending copper let alone making a wort chiller. Question for you...How do you go about bending the copper?

Jeebus...that thing is a brute...how many miles of copper did you use in it????

And, what are you a copper heir??? That's gotta be a few dollars in that there monster cooler.

:mug:

That thing looks like it could cause a time warp and actually chill the wort hours before you start brewing even. :D

I have never attempted bending copper let alone making a wort chiller. Question for you...How do you go about bending the copper?

I actually used one of those big pickle jars to get the spiral so straight and the rest with just a little bit of elbow grease. The 1\2' copper is generally pretty malleable.

Jeebus...that thing is a brute...how many miles of copper did you use in it????

And, what are you a copper heir??? That's gotta be a few dollars in that there monster cooler.

:mug:

That thing looks like it could cause a time warp and actually chill the wort hours before you start brewing even. :D

This made me LoL. :D

Is that half inch I.D.??? Wow. I used half inch O.D. tubing inside of a five gallon pail. That soft drawn bends real easy. I have city water and it cools a 5 gallon batch down to 70 degrees in less than 10 min. I do it right next to the washer so all of the spent water goes into the tub for quick load of laundry.

Back