Beginner in CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xdalisx

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I live in Pacifica (just south of San Francisco) and I just started brewing in February. I have spent a lot of time on here, but this is my first post. so far I have brewed a Pale Ale which is now in the bottles. I also have an Irish Dry Stout about a week and a half into fermentation. Both of these were form extract/grain kits.

I am thinking that my next batch is going to be AG and I set up an MLT yesterday (followed this build https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cheap-easy-10-gallon-rubbermaid-mlt-conversion-23008/). And I want to build a Fermentation chamber, however that is pending SWMBO approval.

So far I am having tons of fun with this (something I have wanted to try for a couple years now). Only thing I wish is that I knew more people that brewed.

Well, I brew all grain. Welcome to the forum. I know that "knowing" people is generally actual face to face contact. Are there any clubs in your area?

Well, yea, I meant "knowing" as in people I can get together with... this website will do for just about everything else though :)

There are a couple, one is about 45mins - 1hr away and the other, which is pretty close to me, seems to not be active at the moment.

I'm pretty fortunate that there's a decent sized home brewing community where I am... I have two brew buddies within ~30 minutes of where I live... Not so many miles, as back roads...

I'm going after a job that could be a 1.5-2 hour commute (each way)... So, after a couple of months of doing that, I'll be looking to move closer. Just hope the home brewing community in that area is as good as where I am now...

Back