Beersmith--List hops in order

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Token

Reaction score
How do I get Beersmith to list the hop additions in my recipe in order of appearance? Usually the dry hop additions are listed before other additions. I'd like to scroll down and see them listed in the order in which they are added.

Thanks for your help. :)

You can highlight the hop and click the "decrease time" button to the right until it drops down below the other hops in the recipe.

You can highlight the hop and click the "decrease time" button to the right until it drops down below the other hops in the recipe.

Neat trick! It's always bugged me that the dry hops are listed first. Thanks! :rockin:

The "decrease time" button refers to how long the hops are in the boil. Using that would adversely affect my estimated IBU's, etc.

The "decrease time" button refers to how long the hops are in the boil. Using that would adversely affect my estimated IBU's, etc.

I don't have beersmith installed here at work but I was assuming that the program didn't include dry hops in the ibu calculation. If you tried it and it does, I'm sorry!

Did you select the type of hop addition from the list: "Dry hop" instead of boil hops?

When I add them this way they show up in the brewsheet after initial fermentation, and the IBU contribution is lined out.

Of course I'm not boiling my dry hop addition. :cross:

I didn't understand the first reply.

I went into my recipe and replicated making a dry hop addition. I found out I have to reduce the "boil time" to 0 THEN select "dry hop." When I go in and just select dry hop from the drop-down, the boil time stays at 60 minutes while fading to make changing the time at that point unavailable.

I get it now.

I find that weird as well but it seems like it is only a problem in the design view. Once you spit out a brewsheet things are listed in the right order.

I'm pretty certain that I know what you are referring to. When I downloaded Yooper's 60 Min IPA clone, the Amarillo dry hop additions are the first hops listed and then the Warrior. I can't figure it out either.

Select the hop from the hop list, change the boil time at the bottom of that box to 0 minutes, click "boil" on the drop down list to show and select dry hop, enter the correct amount of hops, then click ok (or whatever to accept the addition).

I did try clicking on decrease time, and it didn't seem to work. The way I did it seems to work ok.

huge test
huge test
huge test
huge test
huge test
huge test
huge test
huge testhuge test
huge test
huge test
huge test
huge test
huge test

Select the hop from the hop list, change the boil time at the bottom of that box to 0 minutes, click "boil" on the drop down list to show and select dry hop, enter the correct amount of hops, then click ok (or whatever to accept the addition).

It seems to be working for me too. Nice job! This has bothered me since I got Beersmith 3 years ago!

I did try clicking on decrease time, and it didn't seem to work. The way I did it seems to work ok.

This has been annoying me in beersmith for quite some time, glad I did a search and found this thread!

Back