As I mentioned a few posts back, I entered the recipe he provided with the honey the difference is very small (78.8 vice 81) with another program vice BeerSmith using the recipe and settings he provided. The 3 point difference can be accounted for by small variations in the grain database.
I've asked several times for Pol to post the recipe file so I can identify the problem with his data, but to no avail...not sure what else I can do here, but I wish him the very best of luck with whatever tool he settles on.
I posted every detail including volumes and gravities pre and post boil in a separate thread... still no one could get the same IBU reading, and no where near the 95IBUs that I have been getting.
You are right, I completely gave up after 12 hours of messing. I even increased my batch size to 6 gallons from 5 gallons... still the IBUs were about 88, instead of the target of 75.
I ended up with ProMash because it and a couple other applications allowed me to input a recipe and get the same output the first time, no mystery, no tweaking, no messing. Each application took me about 20 minutes to figure out and ProMash has excellent tutorials built right in to each screen application.
I just need to be able to quickly calculate recipes and input my inventory, nothing fancy.