Beers of the Month gift?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My in-laws got me a beer of the month gift. Two months, two 12 packs. Anyone ever get one of these? What should I expect? The pamphlet I got for it specifically mentioned paying tribute to canned beers, so I'm praying for a Heady Topper. ;)

I have received the bottle type gifts in the past. Usually two of each type and they will be themed with certain brewers.
I keep the boxes because it is a great way to ship home brews to out of towners.

Good beer, bad beer, meh beer... clearly, your inlaws had their heart in the right place. Be glad for this, approach whatever beers you get with an open mind. At least you didn't get underwear or something similar.

I'm not upset, just wondering what to expect. I'd actually be extremely happy if they threw a Lima-a-rita in there. I might even be going to buy one real soon. ;)

I used to get this for a year or two - always looked forward to it. Most of the beers were good, some were great. I got different versions - sometimes two different 6 packs. Sometimes 6 sets of 2, etc. Always fun to see what showed up and read the information ("newsletter like") that came with it. Usually talked about the beers, the brewery, the styles and other stuff. Got kind of pricey though and have not looked into it in a while. What service/company is it through?

I've gotten this as a gift a couple of times. Like Braufessor said, most were good, some were great. It was often stuff that I'd never heard of before...popular regional beers from all over the place. Heady Topper would definitely be the kind of beer they tend to send out, though of course who knows!

Good beer, bad beer, meh beer... clearly, your inlaws had their heart in the right place. Be glad for this, approach whatever beers you get with an open mind. At least you didn't get underwear or something similar.

Pretty much spot on. One of my very good friends received this as a gift. For every outstanding surprise, there were two "What the hell did I just drink?!" experiences. Then again....the nice little surprise beers?....were awesome!

The one pain in the behind is there has to be someone over the age of 21 to receive it, which can be.....inconvenient.

Back