Beer's not done, right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMKsuburbannoise

Reaction score
cracked open a botle today. It had very little head. When i shook the glass, it fizzed like a pop would. Tastes kind of fizzy as well, kind of smooth kind of not. it has been in bottle for 16 days. Needs more time right?

Definitely. I usually let mine age no less than a month. The bigger the beer, the longer it needs to age, typically.

most of mine are done in 2 weeks but i did just make and imperial that has been bottled for 3 weeks and is just now getting to the right carb i also brought it to the main floor of my house I think the cool basement was slowing the yeast down

What temp is the area where the bottles are stored? If it's cold, you can move them to a warmer area to help get the yeast wake up and speed up the carbing. If it's already warm, how much priming sugar did you put in the beer prior to bottling?

Latest posts

Back