Beer with most easily removed labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being from Atlanta I always suggest Sweetwater 420 to anyone for any reason! But to answer your question their labels come off easy, and the bottles are the exact same as the ones from the LHBS. Enjoy the beer slowly b/c its a great beer, put 5 gallons of water in a bucket, add one scoop of oxiclean, sink your empties, and over night the labels almost magically sink to the bottom and leave no residue.

Side note: if your ever in Atlanta look up the Sweetwater brewery. Three nights a week they have live music, free tour (covet how the big boys do it), lots of pretty women, and of course free beer!

I soak in OxiClean, and find that the Saranac bottles are the most consistenly easy bottles. Most of the time, the label falls off by itself, or when I go to pull the bottle from the soak. Southern Tier's are usually very easy, although I've had one or two bottles that for some fluke reason or another have been the hardest of any label I've ever tried to get off. Dunno why.

In Chicago area, Two Brother's Brewing labels must be applied with epoxy!! Soaking them overnight in hot oxyclean didn't loosen them a bit. Straight to the recycle bin with them

Longtrain4 said:
+1 on Duval bottles, the best. Labels fall off in hot water, Son-in-law's and I bought 4 cases in an after Christmas special, four bottles and a glass for $5.50, emptying them was joyous part of the process.

Tony

Ya they are so easy to get off plus they make by far the best homebrew bottles for Belgian beers b/c of the thicker glass and pressure hold.

I bought a case once and the bottles have been reused so many times.

Ive found Guinness bottles to be the easiest. cut plastic and wash. TaaDaa!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

update on bells labels. they have changed the glue formulation and its alot tougher to remove. PS. i live in kalamazoo and get it like regular beer in the stores.

If you're in the upper midwest (not sure how far they actually distribute) Schell's beer labels come off really easy after a soaking. Plus they make great beer.

If you like shortys, Woodchuck bottle labels come off very easily. I forgot the oxiclean last time, in just hot water they fell off in a few hours. No residue.

I just use corona bottles. Problem solved.

Yes I know clear glass but I keep mine boxed and in the basement unitl they are ready to drink

Are we only talking brown bottles? I've been using the green Grolsch swing-tops. Hardly any label at all and some of em come of during the ride home with condensation.

Highland Brewing from Asheville NC uses stickers instead of glued labels. No soak, just peel them off. I drank a lot of their delicious Gaelic Ale to build up my bottle supply.

Sam adams. Put bottles in a tub with water and some soap. 24 hours later the labels are all off. Some floating on top, others at the bottom of the tub. No muss, no fuss.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

DosEquis , I let them soak in a sink of hot water with Dawn and no rinse and in 2 hours the labels fall off on their own ! Doesnt get any easier than that

For the Canadians out there, Muskoka Brewery has plastic labels that literally fall off with a rinse in hot water. Beer isn't bad either.

For the Canadians out there, Muskoka Brewery has plastic labels that literally fall off with a rinse in hot water. Beer isn't bad either.

Completely agree on the labels there, though no soak required, they peel off cleanly dry

Back