Beer Tools Pro - Extract Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcreveli

Reaction score
I am doing a partial boil and trying to make sure BTP is understanding me. I have final volume locked and the kettle volume at 3 Gal.

Also I don't see any way to adjust the steep time/temp for specialty grains. Am I missing something?

Thanks Jon

Question 1. I'm not sure how to get BTP To treat the batch as a partial instead of a full boil. See my description above.

Question 2. I am steeping specialty grains and have selected the steep menu option in the recipe but how do I set a specific time and or temp for steeping

I don't think that you need to do a time adjustment for steeping, as steeping time is generally about 30 min. Just set it to 'steep' instead of 'boil'

Setting your kettle volume to 3 gallons and then setting your final volume to what you want (mine is 5.25 gallons) will let BTP fill in the rest. You'll also have to account for evaporation.

I've used BTP for my last few batches and it's worked well. I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back