Beer swap with Red999.. Critique...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewin06111

Reaction score
Yesterday I was lucky enough to trade some homebrew with Red999 since we live a few miles apart. Since I am a relative newbie I was only able to give him 2 of my latest wheat beers since I have no pipeline yet. In return I got 2 of his Hefe's, 2 Stouts and 2 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale Clones...

I just happened to have some SNCA in the fridge so I decided to do a comparison.. (read into.. I get to drink them both):mug:

Here is a comparison pic of the 2.

Just looking at them they are almost identical with the homebrew being on the right.

14sl0nt.jpg

This is a very very clone clone. The carbonation was a little off but that may be because it was bottled from a keg. I really enjoyed it. The hops bite and aroma is spot on. The mouthfeel was slightly different but I think I may have liked it in the homebrew a little bit more than the commercial beer.

Thanks again for the trade Red! I'll review the others as I drink them..

Hope you like my 2nd ever brew... I like constructive criticism so feel free to do it!

finally got around to cracking open your wheat ale.

Poured into a Sam Adams sensory glass. Left 1" of beer in the bottle, swirled it up and poured it in the glass.

Nice white head about 1/2" thick and the beer was nice and cloudy. Can't tell much from smell since my cold is clogging up my nose. I don't have much experience with wheat beers but I really like this. Light and smooth, I feel like this would be a great lawnmower beer. Wouldn't mind having something like that on tap at my house. Could just be my cold but I get a slight taste of hops which doesn't bother me at all. I'd crack open the other one when I get my sense of smell back but I drank it already. I didn't comment on it then because I screwed the pour up.

Brewin - Let me know when you want to setup another trade I have a IIPA and a Sierra Nevada Stout clone that should be kegged and ready to go by Feb.

Back