Beer store in Burlington VT?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im heading to burlington VT from ottawa for the weekend. does anyone know any good beer stores there. i will be going to rock art, magic hat, vermont pub and zero gravity/ american flatbread while there. but i would like to buy other american craft beer while there..

I'm not sure about beer stores but you should def add switchback brewery to your list! You will be able to try their beers in just about every bar you visit so check it out! Their stuff is amazing.

pearl st. liquor

or

beverage warehouse in Winooski

skip the pub and the breweries and head to The Farmhouse http://www.farmhousetg.com/prost.html instead. You'll want to go there your first night....because you won't need to go anywhere else the whole weekend - except to the two stores to pick up the beers you didn't get to try and to take some home.

I was in Ottawa and Burlington for two weeks over christmas and have spent considerable time near both cities. Burlington is the exact opposite of Ottawa as far as the beer scene.

Can't speak of beer stores in specific, but I did a tour of Vermont breweries when I lived in the area a couple years ago. I'd imagine that if you ask at some of the brewpubs that they will point you in the right direction. Look at the Vermont Brewers Assoc. http://www.vermontbrewers.com for the rest of them. I recommend the following:

Magic Hat
Switchback
Vermont Pub and Brewery
Three Needs
American Flatbread

If you don't mind taking a drive from Burlington:
Bobcat Cafe is worth the drive
The Alchemist (can make side trip to Ben & Jerry's)
Shed Restaurant and Brewery

And if you go to Lake Placid, NY:
Lake Placid brewing co (also have a production facility in Plattsburgh)
Great Adirondack Steak & Seafood has a brewery as well (beware of the double dubbel)

Hope this helps!:mug:

The Beverage Warehouse is in Winooski. They have a huge selection of craft brews mostly in the 22oz variety. Love that store!!

Back