Beer still bubbling after nearly 8 weeks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnj

Reaction score
ok, I haven't had time to bottle my Ale. It's a basic Pale Ale, five gallons, nothing special about it. The only thing I've done different with this batch then in past beers is an ounce of cascades in the primary.

I had it in the primary for about a week, then transfered to the secondary. Every so often, the airlock will bubble. The other beers I've brewed have all stopped airlock activity after 3 weeks.

Thoughts/suggestions? When I put it in the secondary it tasted great.

Check your gravity over 3 days.If it remains the same then it is done fermenting.Probably what you are seeing is dissolved co2 coming out of the beer caused by the fermentation.

I agree that a SG check over time will give you a definitive answer.

Was the primary fermentation good and robust? If not, this late fermentation could be a result of infection. If it was robust, you're probably fine.

I really want to bottle this stuff but it's still bubbling. it's a slow, few times a day bubble but still...

The beer is clear, there are the same amount of white bubbles ontop as there was a month ago. I would think that if there was an infection, something would be growing inside?

I think I'll taste the beer today and if it doesn't taste infected, I'd like to bottle. However, will I get bottle bombs if I do? maybe I shouldn't add suger? I don't mind drinking flat beer...

thoughts/suggestions?

I would think that the ounce of hops I added to the primary would help to ward off infection....

I really want to bottle this stuff but it's still bubbling. it's a slow, few times a day bubble but still...

The beer is clear, there are the same amount of white bubbles ontop as there was a month ago. I would think that if there was an infection, something would be growing inside?

I think I'll taste the beer today and if it doesn't taste infected, I'd like to bottle. However, will I get bottle bombs if I do? maybe I shouldn't add suger? I don't mind drinking flat beer...

thoughts/suggestions?

I would think that the ounce of hops I added to the primary would help to ward off infection....

It's probably been done a long time. If the airlock is bubbling, I think it's probably weather related. If you check the FG, and it's in the correct range, you won't have bottle bombs.

Talked to the guy at the beer store today, he said the same thing. So it's now in bottles...:D

Tastes great, pretty hoppy but not overly so. should taste really good w/ some carbonation and a few hours in the fridge. :)

What was SG reading for 3 days in a row per suggestions above? If it hadn't stabilized, you may have bombs in your future.

the gravity reading I took yesterday was the same as the one I took 4 weeks ago.

Back