Beer Smith Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshaggy

Reaction score
I downloaded the free trial of Beer Smith (might buy it if I can figure out how to use it). Is there a way I can figure out what my final gravity should be, based on original gravity, ingredients, etc?

when your in the recipe screen it will show an est starting and final gravity. these are fairly accurate as to what i end at. this is located in the little boxes that says 'beer profile' under the ingredient window.

Hey Thanks Eriktlupus,

My sister lives in Battle Creek (Cereal City), ok please walk me through the whole recipe process on this program, etc. The "help" button isn't very helpful.

dshaggy

in the left hand window click the my recipes expander, click on new recipe in the tool bar above the window. this takes you into the recipe view. from there you can choose name batch type(extract, partial or all grain) date brewed etc. set your batch size in this upper section and boil time also.

next section is ingredients and you choose those by clicking on the tabs to the right, this will get a pop-up with all that type of ingredient, all hop type or yeast or grains/sugars etc.

next down is beer profile that is where the color, gravity estimates ibu calculations and actual readings are entered and also where the abv is calculated.

mostly just play around with it and pay attention to the hints at the bottom of the left hand field. the guy who built beersmith is a vendor on the site so if you have any other ???? he is always glad to answer.

I'm from Saginaw actually. I drove down to Battle Creek a few weeks ago to take the written part of the firefighter exam.

the ff exam for a position here? that's a long way to drive to this hole in the wall town. i dont think i know anyone on the crews except a couple volunteers outside of town(newton township i think).

Erik - Yeah the city of Battle Creek FD is full time, and about 700 people showed up for the written.

Moose - Was the show about the Zilwaukee bridge? They did a bunch of work on it last summer.

Back