Beer shank fitting - source needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merkur

BJCP #B1441
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi - I would like to find where to buy a right-angle beer shank fitting for mounting on a flat plate rather than a beer tower. All the ones I see available are curved for mounting to a cylindrical tower. I have searched extensively but cannot find these.

This is a photo of what I need.

Thanks,

Paul

Attachments

• 20200521-IMG_9178(Edited).JPG
    20200521-IMG_9178(Edited).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
Hi - I would like to find where to buy a right-angle beer shank fitting for mounting on a flat plate rather than a beer tower. All the ones I see available are curved for mounting to a cylindrical tower. I have searched extensively but cannot find these.

This is a photo of what I need.

Thanks,

Paul
Williams Brewing has them. They ALSO have great customer service - they saw that I ordered two of an item (that I originally wanted 8 of, but when I placed my order they only had 2), by the time they were processing my order, they were down to one, but had a shipment coming in in three days; they offered to hold if I wanted to, AND let me add another order, for six, to get to what I wanted, without upping my shipping.

I checked with Williams Brewing and they do not have these. The only option is the shank with the black plastic trim ring which I do not want to use as I am trying to match three others like the one in the photo with a metal chrome trim ring. I sent Williams an email but heard no reply yet.

Any other suggestions for a source?

Paul

Got you. I have similar "fancy" SS shanks like those on my t-tower box, but I built it over 10 years ago and for some reason I can't find them anywhere now.
Seems everything comes with that same black plastic escutcheon now...

Cheers!

Just to close out this thread. I ended up buying a tower shank and using a belt sander I was able in 5 minutes to sand off the curved pieces designed to fit around the tower. The metal is pretty thin and with carefull sanding I was able to get it sanded evenly so it is indistinguishable from the other three collars.

Cheap and easy.

Attachments

• 0FAC16C8-E3FF-4718-8665-C023228E8F90.jpeg
    0FAC16C8-E3FF-4718-8665-C023228E8F90.jpeg
    673.1 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back