Beer Pro Tools Hop Alpha not matching...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conodor

Reaction score
Ok don't know how important this is but when i'm buying hops. the Alpha Acids aren't matching what beer pro tools say.

Example today i got my order from hopsdirect

Beer pro Tools Hops Direct label
Fuggle 4.8%AA 5.1%AA
Cascade 5.5%AA 5.4%AA

yes i see how i can change that section but there's other settings... how do i know they are accurate?

thanks.

You just double click the item in recipe list and edit the alpha acid %. When you hit OK, it asks if you want to change it in the main database or just isolate the change to this recipe. You can duplicate it if you want and have multiple instances in the database.

Thanks again. Struggling to learn how to use beer pro tools.

Next I need to figure out scheduling.

Watch Bobby_M's video. He makes the scheduling a lot easier to set-up.

I suggested to BTP that they include some templates with basic scheduling already set up to ease users learning. Hopefully they will consider that at some point.

The best way to think of the schedule building is to literally think of the steps you will perform during the mash and sparge. It's not a one click process because everyone's process can be so unique.

Yeah i watched your video, but i needed to do a step by step to make sure i get it right. I think what i'll try is hunt down a recipe that has the temps and volume. then try and see if i get the same result.

but i'm sure you were told already, thanks a ton for the videos. they are very helpfull.

Back