Beer not carbing...arggggg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stellaontap

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So yesterday we had friends over for dinner and when I went to hook up a new keg...IT WAS FLAT!!! I have had this keg on gas for at least 2 weeks and not one CO2 bubble to be found.:(

When I filled this keg it was full to just below the "gas in" tube. I did not shake the crap out of the keg, I just left it alone to do its thing (so much for developing some patience).

Do you think I overfilled the keg,or what else could it be:confused:

Eric

What PSI and what temp did you carb it at?

You had it hooked up to the gas, gas on, 2 weeks?

When you hooked it to the gas did you hear the gas going into the keg?

The keg is in my kegerator at 38 F and the pressure is set to 12 lbs. I bled the keg and there is definetly pressure there. My only thought is there is not enuogh head space in the keg.

Eric

The keg is in my kegerator at 38 F and the pressure is set to 12 lbs. I bled the keg and there is definetly pressure there. My only thought is there is not enuogh head space in the keg.

Eric

If the gas is going on, and it's at 12 psi at 38 degrees, it should be carbed.

Is there a leak somewhere?

I don't think there is a leak. My serving kegs and carbing kegs are all on the same line and I do not have a problem dispensing beer. There is pressure to the keg because when I pull on the relief valve of the keg a rush of CO2 comes out.

Eric

I'M HAVING THE SAME FRIGGIN' PROBLEM.

I didn't get any advice either. When I get home tomorrow I'm going to switch the disconnects and see if there is a problem with the one on the keg that won't carb.

Like you, there is definitely gas going into the keg, but for some reason the beer is as flat as water (which sucks because I bet it would be good).

Headspace shouldn't matter, as long as you have some.

Back