Beer Nightmares

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinDuluth

Reaction score
Last night my wife woke up to me jumping up in bed around 2am. Asking if I had a bad dream, I explained to her that I was just having a dream that my newly made blackberry belgian wit had spilled out of the carboy all over our kitchen. She thinks i'm a geek, but what a bad dream! I like that I was frightened enough to wake up in a panic.
Anyone else have beer nightmares?:drunk:

Yes, I'm sure most of us have had similar dreams. Anxiety and nightmarish dreams are more common with novice brewers. Once you get a dozen or so under your belt, you will sleep soundly knowing that your brew session went well, you are tired and confident that like Christmas morning you'll wake to find your air lock perking away nicely. Gaining experience and confidence will allow you to brew in a more relaxed state which is much better for the beer. You must release the beer grasshopper.

Thats funny, this same thing happened to me the other night. I heard a noise that woke me up, probably our mice issue...while in my half sleep half awake state I drempt that my airlock was going crazy and that in any moment my bucket was going to explode! One of those dreams that you think is real, but thanks to science the next day I knew that it wasn't possible since it was in the secondary, but I still did a double take when I heard that noise again. This is when it hit me that I have da brew fever.

NOt really nay nightmares but I did brew a batch of beer, watched it ferment then poured a glass of it later on (it's a dream so what fermentation time). Just as I put the glass to my lips, some noise woke me up. Thta's kinda like a nightmare.

I once had a dream that I was sitting in a local brewpub drinking IPA on cask. It was the most perfect tasting thing I've ever had, I woke up, tried to go back to sleep; but my alarm clock went off(serious!, it was terrible).

It wasn't a dream but I wish it was....no blowoff tube + large fermentation = exploding better bottle + wort on the ceiling

I think the issue was my belgian wit is in the primary right now which is a 6 gallon betterbottle. Normally the extra room in the 6 gallon means I don't have to use a blow-off hose, but it sure was getting close to the top. I wanted to sit by it and watch it all night like a new baby or something:)

Never had a beer nightmare, but if I have a dream about brewing its usually an indication that I want/need to brew sometime soon.

Hell, two nights ago I dreamed I brewed a german ale (kinda vague on the details) and I wound up placing an order with Austin Homebrew later that day.

So either I can see the future or am easily influenced into buying stuff.

Back