Beer Nightmare!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buenaventura

Reaction score
I've been homebrewing for about three months now, and I suppose it was bound to happen at some point or another, but . . .

Last night I dreamed that I was siphoning my latest APA to the priming and bottling bucket and EVERYTHING was going badly . . .

No matter what I did, I could not siphon "quietly" . . . and the beer was foaming furiously . . .

Not only that, but the tubing and bucket started filling with sediment . . .

There was something else that I can't remember, but suffice it to say, I remember it involved a spill and my unsanitized hands going places they should not have . . .

:(

This ever happen to anyone else?

b

you need some serious meds!

Never dreamt about beer mishaps, but in the height of tax season while working 12-14 hour days I have had some weird nightmares about the US tax code!

When I used to work 50 hours a week at a restraunt I'd have dreams of busing tables and bad things happening.... scary stuff....You must brew ALOT!:tank:

I actually had a beer-mare the other night! I was bottling and none of them would seal. I'd clamp down my capper and, when I took it off, there was foam spraying everywhere. This happened to bottle after bottle with cap after cap...
I wasn't even bottling that day. I have no idea what stressed me out enough to dream about that.

I had a real life nightmare!
my first all-grain IPA was fermenting perfectly, when all of a sudden, the spigot threads broke and 6 gallons spilled all over my room! It warped my floor, molded my carpet, and of course was a huge waste! I JUST finished renovating my room from that explosion.
Watch your buckets!

My girlfriend recorded me talking about brewing and philosophy. It was somewhere along the lines of mashing in at a certain temperature and then talking about pragmatic thoughts on different mashing temperatures. Really weird stuff.

Unfortunately your nightmare is very real to some of us. If some of our misfortunes are what you can only dream of, can you imagine what our nightmares are like?

My girlfriend recorded me talking about brewing and philosophy. It was somewhere along the lines of mashing in at a certain temperature and then talking about pragmatic thoughts on different mashing temperatures. Really weird stuff.

Now this is funny.
I love sleep talking.:mug:

That is really funny because I know if I have a brew going, I wake up thinking about those kinds of things. It would not surprise me if I talk about such things in my sleep because they are obviously fresh on my mind when I wake up in the morning, hahaha.

I had a beer-mare last night. I searched to see if others have had one of these before starting a thread... so, mine goes like this.

I was having a party in my house, which was scary enough because I don't ever have parties in my house. Despite the invasion of privacy, I was coping well. As is the case recently with my friends, the fact that I homebrew came up. I was inclined to show them bottles of my currently conditioning batch (in real life). This is an American Black Ale, and when I went to take a bottle out of the box, which is tucked into the corner of my closet within a large black garbage bag, I found the first bottled clear like it had water in it and only filled up to the start of the neck of the bottle. I thought, "That is weird, let me check another," and so I did only to find that the next bottle had the neck of the bottle missing! It looked like it was perfectly cut with a saw or something, and the beer was filled to the rim of what was left of the bottle.

Then I started to panic. I pulled the box out of the closet and peered in only to see every bottle either had no cap on it. I thought to myself that didn't make any sense at all, and I looked again. Now every bottle was broken! On top of that, I had a good smell and it was odorless. I guess I can brew odorless beer in my dreams. I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I had capless, shapeshifting, odorless, bottle bombs!

At this point I stopped worrying and was just pissed. I took the box out and went to the trash can, and started removing the pieces of glass. I don't know why I didn't just throw the whole damn thing away. I guess I wanted to save the box or some of the beer. There simply was no logic involved in that decision.

So, is my next batch going to be a bottle bomb?

Back