beer line length with stout faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost

Reaction score
So after about 2 years of storage I'm putting my nitro system back together and I had a thought.

I used to serve it at around 35psi using beer gas (after carbing with Co2) and I did this through the typical 5ft of beer line. However, the beer line is a restriction which only serves to reduce the psi for a slow pour out of a standard faucet. With the stout faucet I want higher pressure to force the beer through the restrictor so I'm wondering if the extra feet of beer line is actually counter productive in this application.

I'm about to order my beer line now and I'm thinking maybe I just use the minimum needed to reach the faucet and just serve the beer at a lower pressure - maybe 20-25psi since 5 ft of beer line is costing me about 10psi of pressure drop. The pressure entering the faucet would be the same, and that's what matters.

Beer line costs money and it's a pain to clean and deal with the excess crowding my already full kegerator.. so if less is better, then why not, right?

So, is my logic flawed? Am I missing something?

Right, the restrictor is the main resistance, so line length isn't important. Shorter is better.

Latest posts

Back