Beer line lengh advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gareth Collier

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have not long purchased a maxi 210 3 lone cooler. I am running guinnes and dark fruit. My twin beer tap has 3/16 line coming out. I have a coupler with 3/8 line coming out. Like to ask how long for beer line 3/8 coming out of coupler then going to join to 3/16 to control beer flow. What would you recommend the lengh both be.

Also anyone advice me on how to send beer line through chiller twice just need to know as not sure at all.

Many thanks

Gareth

3/8 is too big for beer line. If your beer line fitting is 3/8 use an inch to attach onto the coupler then use a line splice to get it down to 3/16. Or get the fitting to hook 3/16 right up to coupler. For length 3/16 line should be within 8 - 10 feet. That's the window for 10psi of pressure on the regulator.

Thanks for the great advice. So Am I OK to use 3/8 like from keg to cooler then 1 inch of 3/8 coming out of cooler then to 3/16 going to tao with that be OK. Really appreciate your help guys.

Many thanks

Gareth

No.
"3/8 is too big for beer line. If your beer line fitting is 3/8 use an inch to attach onto the coupler then use a line splice to get it down to 3/16. Or get the fitting to hook 3/16 right up to coupler.'

No.
"3/8 is too big for beer line. If your beer line fitting is 3/8 use an inch to attach onto the coupler then use a line splice to get it down to 3/16. Or get the fitting to hook 3/16 right up to coupler
Much appreciated 50calshooter. Hope your well and enjoying the weather. Over carbonated a hazy ipa I brewed tit I am. I left to slow carbonate at 20 psi for a week and a have foaming issues. I switched today 1 inch 3/8 either side with 8ft 3/16. While still foamy it has helped over a few pints. Just need to not over carbonate next time. But 3/16 has helped a lot to slightly control.

Just built a bar in garden spraying 2nd coat in a minute. Hopefully when I have my kegs Guinnes and darkfruit for the wife. Will defo use 1 inch each end and 3/16 the rest straight to the tap.

Will send you a photo when finished bar.

Many thanks

Gareth

Back