Beer Leaking From CO2 Line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crosley623

Reaction score
I just purchased a 3 keg kit with a nicely built manifold on the gas line. Each line coming off of the manifold has a ball valve. I am a complete newbie when it comes to kegging. I just hooked up the lines to my new tank and to the keg. When I add air to the keg I am leaking beer from the ball valve at the manifold. So basically somehow beer is being pushed out of the tank into the gas line?

Anyone know why this may be happening

You need check valves on the gas side. The only way you will push beer up your gas lines is if the pressure in the kegs is higher than your set pressure. With check valves that won't even matter.

+1 to that^^^^^^

Only way beer would go back up air lines is a positive pressure in the keg greater than your co2.

This can happen if you prime in keg before hookup or shoot it with 30-40 psi to seal... Then hookup to regulator pushing serving pressure

the kegs also shouldnt be filled above the bottom of the short gas-in dip tube. if your kegs werent overfilled (assuming they were kept upright), this couldnt happen.

Thanks for the replies, sounds like there must have been some pressure in the keg. I hooked it up to a different valve and it worked fine. Hopefully the supplier will remedy this.
And it very well may be filled above the line (a line I knew nothing about until now) because I'm trying to dry hop in the keg now also.

Thanks all

Latest posts

Back