Beer Haul From Trip to the UK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlyn

Reaction score
Just thought I would share with everyone:
2011-06-01%25252021.15.19.jpg

I went to visit family and picked up the CAMRA Good Beer Guide before going. I visited plenty of pubs and had some very delicious real ale everywhere I went. Amazing stuff... I made my way to the Fuller's brewery in Chiswick, Grren King in Bury St. Edmonds, a small brew pub in East Anglia called Woodforde's (in Woodbastwick), and a few other brew pubs that didn't have their own glassware yet. I also went to a cider maker in The New Forest in the town of Burley that made some fantastic cider. Great trip :)

While at Fuller's,did you get to try the whiskey beer? They had a page about it awhile back on zythophile.

While at Fuller's,did you get to try the whiskey beer? They had a page about it awhile back on zythophile.

It was not one they presented for tasting. Is it similar to the congac cask aged beer that I have there?

I think they are doing a barrel aged series with those beers, and the congac was the second beer. Just did a little looking and the first in the series was aged in single malt whiskey barrels, so it's probably the beer you're talking about. They were all out of that one, but I picked up two of the new release as you can see. :)

Sounds interesting. I'd like to see what it looks like in the glass,& taste results.**Not to mention,I'm a little jelous.

Sounds like a great trip! I did something similar with scotch when I was in the UK, but brought back nowhere near as much sweet schwag. Nice score!

Sounds like a great trip! I did something similar with scotch when I was in the UK, but brought back nowhere near as much sweet schwag. Nice score!

I had to be very careful in how I packed everything, not just for breakability, but I had to load balance the cases. Our two cases each ended up just a hair under the weight limit :) It's a good job I didn't go to any more breweries!

I wouldn't mind having a couple of those Bitburger pils glasses! That's def a sweet haul. Not to mention,getting it all the way back here intact.

Back