Beer Gun - Buy Kit or Purchase Separately?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FensterBos

Reaction score
I am going to purchase Blichmann's Beer Gun and will need to purchase the extra pieces like fittings and tees so the gun works properly.
I already own the two MFL Liquid and Gas Disconnects for my home brew keg system, so I was wondering if it is just cheaper for me to go out and purchase all of the pieces individually at my LHBS or Home Depot or if I should just pay the $40 for the recommended kits.
Here is the Beer Gun and kits sold by Austin: Beer Gun and Kits
Thanks!

I bought the kit. I prob had most of the pieces but it was nice to have it all there instead of having to make several trips to HD and LHBS. The only thing I did need to get was a Y fitting for my CO2 regulator so that I didn't need to drag around a second tank.

...so that I didn't need to drag around a second tank.

I'm actually thinking about getting a 10 lb. tank so I don't have to get it filled as much at the welding shop. But that being said, what do you mean that you go the "Y" so you didn't have to lug tanks around?

I have a 20lb tank at my kegerator. I bottle at my kegerator. I put a Y connector (splitter) at the CO2 regulator output. One arm of the Y goes to the CO2 "IN" port of the keg. The other arm of the Y goes to the CO2 port of the beer gun. That way I can use the same tank and regulator to drive both beer flow and CO2 purge.

Kind of a convoluted explanation, but does that make it clearer?

Back