Beer Glassware, any advice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexAcerr

Reaction score
Ok, I'm new to this forums. I son just broke my favorite Tulip glass. So I got the opportunity looking for the new collection. I use this for sours, stouts, IPA's and everything in between.

After spent half day on internet, the Spiegelau Beer Connoisseur Set looks really good. It has four types of glasses, and the best deal I can find is from http://uniigifts.com/spiegelau-beer-connoisseur

Anyone has this set? any recommendation is welcome.

Cheers! :ban:

Spare the rod, spoil the child I'd say. That's an unforgivable offense.

I'm very happy with my Libbey variety pack. They've got a great tulip.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some of the libbey stuff, It's ok, but not even in the same universe as the speigelau. Libbey is like McDonalds and Speigelau is a nice chophouse.

I have some of the libbey stuff, It's ok, but not even in the same universe as the speigelau. Libbey is like McDonalds and Speigelau is a nice chophouse.

+1 :tank: never have Speigelau before through, really impressed from the pic LOL

I have that set along with other Speigelau glasses. They are top quality. Question is: would you feel guilty if you broke one?

I don't know where you live but you may want to check out if you have a William Sonoma OUTLET store near you. There use to be one close to me. I picked mine up for 20-40% off. I think I paid $25 for that set. I treat them with kit gloves :)

Make a few trips to Salvation Army, Goodwill, Value World etc or other second hand stores.
I consistently see really nice beer glasses, including some crystal, for pennies on the dollar. Usually between 25cents/glass to $1/glass.

Glad you know what you like, but im going to disagree. I haven't been that impressed with Speig stuff and even though it may be cheap, Libbey works just as well for me, plus I don't feel bad when the dog whacks one off the coffee table with his tail and t breaks.

i just went to a local restaurant supply and got a bunch of 12 and 16 oz tulips for like $2 each. Super deal and good quality stuff, check out if you have something like that nearby for sure.

I really enjoy drinking good beers in nicer red wine glasses. I really feel like it enhances the aroma, whether it is a hoppy beer or not. A few nights ago, I had an Enjoy By IPA in a nice red wine crystal bowl and it was fantastic. If you can swing it, I think better beers demand the best glass you can afford. Every once in a while Costco will have a nice crystal set in stock.

Make a few trips to Salvation Army, Goodwill, Value World etc or other second hand stores.
I consistently see really nice beer glasses, including some crystal, for pennies on the dollar. Usually between 25cents/glass to $1/glass.

I do this all the time, found some sam's glasses (the expensive ones) and some very pretty pilsner urquell tall stang'ish glasses last trip.

Also, just because, a brewery in Denver uses these

blackshirt-offero-glass.jpg

Really cool, but I spilled all over myself with the first sip

I have a glassware fetish and collect different types. I have several from crate and barrel that I like a lot for the value. Their tulip is my general go to.

I like something that is somewhat cylindrical and has a bottom in it. If it will hold beer it works.

But, if anyone has too many nice beer glasses and wants to give some away.....

i like to buy my beer glassware from local breweries. When ever i visit a new local brewery i always buy a couple glasses.

Also check your local dollar tree type store. Have found lots of stemmed tulips style glasses, lots of pilsner glasses, even some nonic tumblers. They are pretty thin tho'. But at $1 each you don't care if they break. So long as they were empty.

The local store's price is so high in Canada. Finally I went for the Spiegelau set from Uniigifts online. Love the thin, high quality design. Worth every penny
Thank you guys :tank:

I have a few glasses I rotate in.

I have broken 2 of the IPA glasses in like a year. I'm not careful enough to own them apparently.

I have a Weyerbacher tulip that's my primary. I have an Ommegang Chalice for my strong belgians, I have a Sierra Nevada etched british tulip pint for many other ales.

I got a set of 4 different Libby glasses, 4 of each, from my family one year. Now I have so many glasses collected from breweries and beer festivals that I am packing some of them Libbys up to pack away or give away. I just don't have room for them all!

I guess I don't understand the need or desire for "High End" glassware. If it's approximately the same shape as the cheap stuff, then it seems like it's just a waste of money. I prefer glasses with logos on them that have sentimental value.

Check out www.pubglasses.com They have some decent stuff. I can't say how it compares to other places but I like them. Lots of styles to choose from. I usually use the British stamped nonic pints with the etched pint marker in the glass.

Back