Beer Glass Temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Glass Storage Temps

• Just at room temp...like I meant to do (I swear I'm not lazy)...

• I like a bit of chill to the glass, just like my heart....

• I need to chip the glasses out of the ice block before serving...

• Glass? Who needs a glass? I just park under the tap until my thirst is quenched!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Merlin-CO

Reaction score
Just curious as to how everyone stores their pint glasses...

I'm sure this type of survey has happened before - just looking for a current update!

I'm a fan of keeping the pint glasses in a mini fridge near the taps to keep them cool, but not frozen.

Other thoughts...?

I keep mine at room temperature. I have my kegerator set a couple of degrees cooler than I like my beer to pour the pint at the proper temp. I don't see the need for any type of chilled glass.

I dont like chilled glasses, especially frozen ones as the frost waters the beer down... and I dont like beer that cold anyway. I am a believer and a preacher that ales should be served cool, not cold.

I keep my serving kegs fairly cold so serving in a room temp glass "wakes up" the flavor of the beer. Sometimes, I like my beers room temp anyway.

Glasses in the freezer above the kegerator. I know, it's not the true EAC method, but screw it, I like cold beer, and I don't care who knows about it.

Always room temp glass. I tend to drink my beer on the warm side as well.

Unless you get a new pint glass every time you refill your beer. Cooling or frosting them is pretty pointless.

I keep mine in a basket near the top of my kegerator, where temperatures are slightly higher. This ensures the glasses are cool, not cold or frosted. Also helps in minimizing froth during the first pour.

I am a consistent proponent of room temp glasses. To me you get more flavor from many styles as it warms anyway.

When the weather cools off, I'll keep my glasses room temp and enjoy a "cool" beer. But when it's 100+ outside, anything north of "cold" isn't enjoyable. A chilled glass does a lot for making it refreshing in this heat.

I like my glass room temperature or warmer as I think hoppy and malty beers shine best 50F+

It seems as though most beers I enjoy only get better as they warm. The colder, the less you can taste.

As my brewing improved the temperature of the beer & the glass went up so I could taste the stuff. 45F beer to pour into room temp glass.

If I am somewhere that only has BMC then sub zero glasses for me, although they usually only have plastic cups or nothing! LOL

Glasses in the freezer above the kegerator. I know, it's not the true EAC method, but screw it, I like cold beer, and I don't care who knows about it.

ME TOO..and my fridge is in the garage,so keeping the glasses in the freezer is the best option,they are cold and clean. and I like them cold so screw the beer snobbery.

When the weather cools off, I'll keep my glasses room temp and enjoy a "cool" beer. But when it's 100+ outside, anything north of "cold" isn't enjoyable. A chilled glass does a lot for making it refreshing in this heat.

+1!

I have a set of about 6 Hoegaarden glasses I like to keep in the freezer section of my beer fridge. They're the only ones that fit upright.

It always seems like the first one goes down so fast that I would miss some of the taste and savoring that go with a warmer temp anyhow. I just want something cold and refreshing after a long day at work. Save that savoring for 2nd-10th glass. :rockin:

Although in the winter I also tend to keep the glasses at room temp.

My glasses are in the kitchen cupboard, on the shelf above the rest of the drinking glasses. I like the glasses at room temperature. My kegerator is set at 40 degrees, so the beer isn't really at a drinking temperature until it's poured into a warm glass anyway.

I keep pint glasses at room temp and a few mugs in my freezer. Depending on how I feel that day I pick one.

Latest posts

Back