Beer Brewing Video Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cojones893

Reaction score
Hello all, On this forum I have realized we all come from all different walks of life. I am a software developer. I am curious would a beer growing game be popular? I guess you could start by brewing in your house then scaling all the way up to a gigantic brewery. I think the game could be fun for all types while keeping all the facts accurate so you can learn while playing.

I was thinking a free facebook game. The challenge of the game would be you have a budget and have to buy your supplies. Once your beer is made you can sell it locally and then enter it into contests.

I would like to see a Wii game called Beer Drinking. You play games that make you drink, and then play games to see how drunk you are.

But honestly, I'd rather brew than brew virtually.

I play 'sim' games, so yeah, I'd play a beer making game.
I think you'd have to work two angles...the buying of ingredients/marketing the beer (distributing too), in addition to formulating recipes, making them, and then having them 'well received' so you earn cash.

so you could for example brew some odd seasonal that isn't balanced (one of the beer attributes in the game that determines how well it sells...) but if you marketed it well, that would counteract the 'unbalanced' stat.

Can you tell I'm a long-time gamer? dating back to AD&D.

...I think the game could be fun for all types while keeping all the facts accurate so you can learn while playing.

lacto.png

I would play something like this when I wasn't able to brew in real life. An Iphone/smartphone app would be cool.

As ANOTHER software developer, I had considered building an online version of "BrewMaster Game" from White Labs. I had put all of the cards in tables in a database, but that is as far as I got before losing interest. :eek:
brewmaster_large.JPG

I still think it would be great online game, but licensing concerns with White Labs need to be considered. It is their game after all.

Sounds like something I would be interested in playing, see if you can get the development sponsored by a brewery like Samuel Adams, I hear they are very supportive of homebrewers

I would definitely play a home brewing or a brewing game.. whether it ran like a sims genre, where you are running a brewery, and deciding what happens and how it grows... a game style where its more first person and you do the actual brewing process, deciding what you brew, and you can collect "points" or "credits" from friends or something (since it is illegal to sell homebrew, i refrained from using "money") and the more complex, unique, or accurate to the style, the more points you get.. it can play kinda like a facebook style game, where you have friends, and they can rate it based on how the recipe reads, and how it sounds, based upon what we all know.. it could also be a way to share recipes, and get ideas, and learn, and you would use the points you collect to buy ingredients and equipment, and the higher you level, the more items you can unlock.. another option would be instead of just buying an item.. like a wort chiller or a brew stand, you can collect raw materials, and build your own, for us do-it-yourselfers.. also maybe an option to culture your own yeast, grow your own hops, fruits, vegetables, ect.. or a card (like a magic the gathering style.. definitely still love playing this every now and then, even after 15 years, or for anyone else who would admit to being a nerd, and played the harry potter card game back in the day) or a boardgame (like an online version of brewmasters) based game, where its a multiplayer-turn based game.. dunno if any of these are good ideas, but i've been thinking about a brewing game for quite a while, and would love to see one..

I may not be much of help as far as software development goes, but i would happily lend any ideas, help find information, and beta test, if anyone actually wants to attempt this!

If people play Farmville i think they'll play Brewville. (Wait, that's a great name. Can I trademark that?)

I would buy a good iteration of the "Brew Tycoon" game. I love tycoon type games. However, I don't do the Facebook "your friend needs Centennial Hops for his beer!" type games.

It's not a brewing replacement guys, obviously we all enjoy brewing over playing videogames. It's just a fun game based on our interests.

Make it happen!

Latest posts

Back