beer brewer to wine maker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobolstinks

Reaction score
Ive been brewing AG beer for ~4 years, and I would like to try my hand at wine. It seems that i can reuse much of my beer brewing equipment (glass carboys, stir sticks, hydrometers, air locks, etc) with the exception of possibly a wine thief, de-gasser, and corker. Is there another essential peice of equipment im missing?

is there a concise write up on the differences in the processes between making wine and beer? From what I've been googling it seems that making wine from a kit is more simple.

Ive been brewing AG beer for ~4 years, and I would like to try my hand at wine. It seems that i can reuse much of my beer brewing equipment (glass carboys, stir sticks, hydrometers, air locks, etc) with the exception of possibly a wine thief, de-gasser, and corker. Is there another essential peice of equipment im missing?

is there a concise write up on the differences in the processes between making wine and beer? From what I've been googling it seems that making wine from a kit is more simple.

I made my first wine kit yesterday, followed by an AG strong scotch ale.
Wow, is it ever easy compared to beer.

I added water to a sanitized carboy, stirred in some powdered stuff, added the juice from the bag, topped it off with water, stirred it all up, and added the yeast. I was actually a little disappointed how quickly it went. Not nearly as much fun as beer.

Back